Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Magic and Moterbikes

I think one of the unusual things about having now been here a little over 2 weeks, is the feeling that time has slowed down considerably. The two weeks, which used to fly by in New York, now feel something closer to a month.

Perhaps it is the literal world of difference, where I work regularly now (not to belittle the fun job application filled days I spent in NYC), and every morning wake up to something new. I've found that when I'm not blocking out parts of my life - noise, crowds, social pressures, etc. - I suddenly find that everything has a certain clarity, even if it becomes a routine.

On a diffrent note - motorbikes - every man woman and child appears to be able to ride one. Yesterday, while standing in the parking lot of a near by temple, a gang of middle schoolers tore by me, gunning their 50 cc engines (training bikes?), and poping wheelies. Being bound only to my own two feet and the kindness of the office staff who come collect me kindergarten-style, I could only wave, and at best run after the fast recdeing bikes.

One day when I grow up, I'll ride a bike too. Or at least when it stops raining long enough for anyone to brave giveing me a lesson.

This is the bridge I walk to work on every day. Up close. Which I'm not sure does it justice. You'll see it again.

This is a panorama of the depleted reservoir (that the bridge crosses) at sunset.

A view of some of the Mon house/farms at sunset, from the bridge.

A view from our balcony. After watching one of the storms role in, there was a rare sun break just at sunset. And look! A magic Rainbow!!

No comments: